Season begins with annual Style ShowSpring Branch Education Foundation (SBEF) has announced dates for its 2015-16 signature events. The season kicks off with an October style show and luncheon and ends with the Bright Stars award event for scholarship winners, as well as Teachers and Principals of the Year.
“Our events continue to grow as our community becomes more familiar with the successful mission of SBEF,” says Debbie Slack, SBEF executive board member and Special Events Committee chair. “All funds raised in our events, are used by the Foundation to fund programs that enhance the education of every student and support every teacher in the district. We have something for everyone – from a fashion show to sporting clay and golf tournaments to the popular Running for the Arts. The most important aspect of all these events is the money that benefits SBISD’s 35,000 students.”
Save the Dates
SBEF’s fundraisers have become not-to-be-missed community events. For more information, call 713-251-2381, like SBEF on Facebook and/or follow @SBEF93 on Twitter and Instragram.
- Friday, October 9, 2015 – Style Show and Luncheon – Co-Chairs: Lara Bell and Patty Busmire
- Saturday, November 21, 2015 – Magical Masquerade Ball – Chairs: Melissa ad Mano DeAyala
- Tuesday, February 16, 2016 – Sporting Clay Tournament – Chair: Kirk Guilanshah
- Sunday, April 3, 2016 – Golf Classic – Co-Chairs: Doug Goodson and Rob Stewart
- Saturday, April 30, 2016 – Running for the Arts
- Thursday, May 19, 2016 – Bright Stars of SBISD – Co-Chairs: Michelle Majewski, Leanne Newton, Casey Rowe
Spring Branch Education Foundation is committed to supporting SBISD students and educators. It partners with the district and community to fund programs that enhance education and prepare students for the future. Since 1993, the Foundation has donated almost $9 million to the district and received the Houston Business Promise Award from the Greater Houston Partnership. SBEF is a 501(c)3 organization; all donations are tax deductible.