Thursday, January 31, 2013

Student in the Spotlight - Timothy Davis

The Student Spotlight is a monthly feature highlighting one SBISD student for their hard work, leadership and accomplishments. 

We believe all students can achieve, and that when we work together...a dream can become a reality.  Congratulations to this month's student honoree.


Name: Timothy Davis
Age: 17
Grade: 12th Grade (Senior)
School: Memorial High School

Accomplishments:
  • National Merit Recognition Program Semifinalist
  • Distinguished Honor Roll (2010-2012)
  • Memorial High Yearbook, photo editor
  • Boy Scouting, working on Eagle Scout recognition
  • Independent Photography, sole business operator
Favorite class: Chemistry 2.
The class was so much fun and the teacher was great, we had a lot of lab time after school so we all had the opportunity to hang out often.

Favorite things to do after class: I read a lot and play tennis for fun.

Favorite book: I love to read political and economic based books. However, I do not have one in particular that I would single out.

Favorite song or favorite musical genre: I am a native Texan so I’ve been raised on country music; the Dave Matthews Band is among my favorites.

Favorite website: None/No Response

Favorite TV show: 60 Minutes

Favorite movie: Pulp Fiction Ambition: I hope to go to Stanford and major in chemical engineering, then go on to get my law degree and also a MBA (master of business administration) at either Columbia or Harvard. I would love to be President one day.

Timothy also said, “It is not parental pressure that drives me to succeed; I just want to be the best at what I do. I take pride in my work and strive to be as successful as I can.”

Most Valuable Object: I value memories over objects; I’d probably grab a banana out of the kitchen if my house were to burn down.

We are always on the lookout for exemplary students and would love feedback from parents, teachers and other students who would like to nominate someone special. Please email Steven Brunsman, SBISD Director of Communications with your ideas.

1 comment :

  1. Tim is a great guy. . .so glad he was in the spotlight this month! He goes to a weekly Bible Study with my son. . . but more than all that, he is always willing to help out a friend in any way! Way to go Tim!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have feedback? Tell us.