Monday, June 8, 2015

Spring Woods Middle School Designated FEMA Mobile Registration Intake Center

REPRINT FROM: District A News
Council Member Brenda Stardig
June 5, 2015

FEMA Assistance 

A Mobile Registration Intake Center (MRIC) by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has been set up at Spring Woods Middle School to answer questions and to provide information on assistance. 

Spring Woods Middle School (Hammerly side)
9810 Neuens Road
Houston, Texas 77080
8:00 AM - 8:00 PM, 7 days a week until further notice.

If you had storm damage, you can either come to the MRIC and/or register online at or via smartphone at You may also call 800-621-3362 or (TTY) 800-462-7585 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM daily.  Multilingual operators are available.

Assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs for other serious disaster-related needs such as medical and dental expenses.  Those eligible may register with FEMA even if they have insurance.  FEMA cannot duplicate insurance payments, but under-insured applicants may receive help after their insurance claims have been settled.

If you are interested in donating to the Greater Houston 2015 Flood Relief Fund, please visit 

Please share this email with your neighbors!

Storm Debris Clean Up 

Beginning tomorrow, the Solid Waste Department will begin picking up storm debris in District A. Although it will take time to reach all areas of the district, please be ready with your storm debris outside.  For safety reasons as well as Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) regulations, the City asks residents to help by separating storm debris into the following six categories:
  • Normal Household Trash - Normal household trash and bagged debris of any kind will not be picked up with debris as part of this program. You should continue to follow your normal garbage schedule.
  • Vegetative Debris - leaves (do not put in bags), logs, plants, tree branches.
  • Construction & Demolition Debris - building materials, carpet, drywall, furniture, lumber, mattresses, and plumbing.
  • Appliances & White Goods - air conditioners, dishwashers, freezers, refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers and water heaters.
  • Electronics - computers, radios, stereos, televisions, other devices with a cord.
  • Household Hazardous Waste - cleaning supplies, batteries, lawn chemical, oils, oil-based paints, stains and pesticides.
Residents should place debris in the segregated piles as detailed above but not near other objects like fire hydrants and mailboxes or under power lines.
Call 3-1-1 for Structural Flooding

If you had water in your home, please call 3-1-1, or use the 3-1-1 app on your phone.  Click here to download the app.  Reporting structural flooding to 3-1-1 is the only way for the City of Houston to know that you are experiencing a problem.  After making the report, you will be given a Service Request Number (SR#).  Make sure you write it down.  If you need further assistance, please either call my office at 832-393-3010 or email us at with the SR#.


Post a Comment

Do you have feedback? Tell us.