These free meals are served under the National School Lunch Program (NLSP) and School Breakfast Program (SBP). Under CEP guidelines, meals are served to qualifying school children without collecting breakfast and lunch application forms. This program eliminates the need for any students at qualifying campuses to pay for a school day meal.
Under the Community Eligibility Provision, SBISD has elected to participate in CEP for a second consecutive year to provide free meals to all students at the schools listed below. (See campus list.) The district’s Child Nutrition Services Dept. is reimbursed by the federal government under this program. CEP participating campuses in SBISD this year include:
- Schools for Early Learning (PreK) – Panda Path, Lion Lane, Bear Blvd. and Tiger Trail
- Elementary Schools – The Bendwood Campus, Campus, Buffalo Creek, Edgewood, Hollibrook, Ridgecrest, Shadow Oaks, Spring Branch, Spring Shadows, Thornwood, Treasure Forest, Westwood, Woodview
- Middle Schools – Landrum Middle
- This program operates for students only – adults at qualifying campuses will still be required to pay for meals.
- There will no longer be a need to collect free and reduced price applications for students who are in the CEP program and qualifying schools. CEP participating schools will have an “Income Survey” form to replace the free and reduced lunch applications, which are no longer needed.
- For students who have siblings or other family members who are enrolled in non-CEP participating schools, families must complete applications for those students to receive free or reduced price benefits.