|Spring Woods High School debate team|
In separate news, Spring Woods High’s Christine Vo recently placed second at the UIL State 5A Division Congressional Debate competition.
Memorial High’s state qualifiers include:
- Monica Day and Lydian Green – Policy Debate
- Conor McKinley and Kevin Sheng – Policy Debate
- Parker Kelly – Lincoln-Douglas Debate
- Russell Williams – Congressional Debate
- Alejandra Aguilar and Enrique Urdiales – Duo Interpretation
- Julia Allison and Samir Hussein – Duo Interpretation
- Travis Boyd – Domestic and Foreign Extemporaneous Speaking, Student Congress and Dramatic Interpretation
- Carlos Diaz – Dramatic Interpretation
- Carlos Diaz and Angel Ramirez – Duet Acting and Duo Interpretation
- Katie Koslan – Domestic Extemporaneous Speaking, Student Congress and Original Oratory
- Kris McDermott – Dramatic Interpretation
- Jeremiah Menslage – Domestic Extemporaneous Speaking and Student Congress
- Angel Ramirez – Dramatic and Humorous Interpretation and Original Oratory
- Enrique Urdiales – Humorous Interpretation
- Christine Vo – Domestic and Foreign Extemporaneous Speaking, Original Oratory and Student Congress (2)
- At the 5A State Meet, Spring Woods High was the only district high school to qualify a student in UIL’s Congress competition.
- Spring Woods High student debater Christine Vo was invited to compete in the Capitol City Round Robin Debate Tournament. Just 16 state debaters are picked for this event.
- At Lamar High School’s Speech and Debate Tournament, Spring Woods High’s student team finished 4th out of 34 schools, had one student tourney champion, and 15 students compete in finals.
- Lamar High tournament results include: Original Oratory, Christine Vo, 1st place, Angel Ramirez, 2nd place, Katie Koslan, 4th place; Domestic Extemporaneous Speaking, Katie Koslan, 3rd place, Christine Vo, 4th place; Foreign Extemporaneous Speaking, Charlie Zong, 5th place; Congressional Debate, Charlie Zong, 9th place, Katie Koslan, 10th place; Humorous Interpretation, Samir Hussein, 5th place; Dramatic Interpretation, Enrique Urdiales, 2nd place, Kris McDermott, 4th place; Duo Interpretation, Carlos Diaz/Angel Ramirez, 2nd place, Kris McDermott/Jason Hinestroza, 3rd place