The awards were announced at the annual Star Awards Celebration held Feb. 24 at the Horseshoe Bay Resort near Marble Falls, Texas.
SBISD competes in all TSPRA categories in the largest school district division, more than 30,000 students.
SBISD was issued one of only three Platinum Certificates of Merit for high level communications planning, strategy and development, public relations tactics, and project execution.
The Certificate of Merit Award was issued for the district initiative, “The SBISD Values Jam: One Goal. One Family. One Set of Core Values.”
Three Gold Star Awards were earned in the following categories:
- Annual Report, for the 2007 Bond program report, “Shaping the Future Together – Bond Program Recap”
- Web Site, for the “Shaping the Future Together Bond Program” microsite
- Special Event, for the “Cat in the Hat Brings Partners Together to Support Literacy, Family Engagement in Spring Branch ISD”
- Video/Promotional Marketing, for “Spring Branch ISD I AM SBISD. A Campaign for Video Recruitment.”
- Communications Plan, for a leadership entry plan titled “Welcome Dr. Scott Muri, SBISD Superintendent of Schools.”
- Writing, Published News or Feature, for the news article “Spring Branch ISD. One Goal. One Family.”