As back-to-school approaches on Monday, Aug. 22, Spring Branch ISD parents and students should be aware of potential delays due to road construction in some areas of the district.
- Bridge over ditch W151 on Memorial, just east of Frostwood Elementary will NOT be ready for the start of school on Monday, Aug. 22. Weather and other delays have pushed the reopening of the bridge until mid to late September. The project kicked off on April 11 of this year, a week before the Tax Day storm of April 18. The area is open ONLY to local traffic. Detours remain in effect.
- Ridgecrest neighborhood, near Landrum Middle School, has lots of construction activity. Ridgecrest has been temporarily reduced to a single lane between Hammerly and Vogue Lane. Vogue Lane is under construction near the entrance to Lion Lane and around Landrum. Expect construction to move within the neighborhood as work progresses. Traffic is encouraged to use Vogue Lane off of Bingle, north of Hammerly. Turn east onto Vogue and follow signs and instructions. Work will continue in the neighborhood until at least early 2017.
- Memorial Drive between Kirkwood and Dairy Ashford is currently being reconstructed, with traffic reduced to one lane each way. Most affected are Meadow Wood Elementary, Spring Forest Middle School, Thornwood Elementary, Stratford High School and the Technology Training Center. The Memorial Drive reconstruction project got underway last spring and is expected to take a couple of years to complete. Be particularly careful as lanes open to traffic may change, and open lanes may shift. There is currently no west turn onto Memorial from Kirkwood heading north.
- Wirt Road between Long Point and Kempwood is also being reconstructed, with traffic reduced to one lane each way. A major north-south artery, work on Wirt Road started earlier this year, with completion estimated in October 2017.
- Blalock at Memorial is closed due to a drainage project underway by the city of Piney Point Village. Intersection of Blalock, Memorial and South Piney Point has been temporarily reconfigured. No campuses or facilities are directly affected, but there is NO access to Blalock from Memorial, nor access to Memorial from Blalock. The project is expected to be complete by late September.
- Silber between I-10 and Westview has been reduced to two lanes. Please use caution when driving through the area.