Memorial High School art award winners images
Works of art by 14 Spring Branch ISD elementary, middle and high school students will be displayed soon inside the public Hayloft Gallery at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.
Last month, SBISD hosted its annual K-12 Rodeo Art Exhibit at the Altharetta Yeargin Art Museum. The district student art exhibit attracted hundreds of students and families for viewing periods, which also included a Rodeo judging session.
SBISD art students awarded Best of Show, Gold Medal or Special Merit by Rodeo judges will have their works displayed in the Hayloft Gallery at NRG Park from March 7-26.
During the Rodeo, several dozen student artworks from across the region will be chosen for Grand Prix judging, a famed art auction which can result in substantial student scholarships.
Left to right: Memorial High art teacher Marilyn Guerinot, Best in Show award winner Joy Chung, her elementary art teacher Maggi Cummings and her middle school art teacher Ingrid Hooker
District prize winners now headed to the Houston Rodeo for display include:
Best of Show
- Elementary – Sophia Keith, 2nd grade, Nottingham Elementary, “Rodeo Rockstar”
- Middle School – Kunyang Li, 8th grade, Memorial Middle, “Checkin’ Out the Truck”
- High School – Joy Chung, 9th grade, Memorial High, “Morning Drink,” Mixed Medium
- Elementary – Lucille Thevoux-Chabuel, 5th grade, “Rearing Horse”
- Middle School – Alex Choi, 6th grade, “A Day on the Ranch”
- High School – Chris Song, 11th grade, “All a Girl Needs,” Painting
- High School – Amy Womac, 12th grade, “The New and the Old,” Colored Drawing
- Julia Delaney, 12th grade, Memorial High, “Pearls and Goats,” Monochromatic Drawing
- Ashley Park, 12th grade, Memorial High, “Every Second Counts,” Painting
- Juwon Yoo, 12th grade, Stratford High, “Beginner’s Luck,” Colored Drawing
- Azelia Lau, 11th grade, Stratford High, “Kicking Up Dust,” Painting
- Giboom Park, 11th grade, Stratford High, “Circle of Life,” Colored Drawing
- Caroline Kroger, 10th grade, Memorial High, “Tio,” Colored Drawing
- Bokung Jeon, 9th grade, Stratford High, “Striding Through the Water,” Colored Drawing