The Star Awards Celebration was held Feb. 22 at the San Luis Resort and Conference Center. TSPRA members received honors from the professional association for outstanding work in education communications at the 55th annual conference of communication and public relations professionals. TSPRA is a professional nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting public schools through effective communication.
SBISD competes in all TSPRA categories in the largest school district division, school districts with more than 30,000 students.
Recognitions in TSPRA Best of Category, a high level recognition, included; “The Learner’s Journey” for website design, “By the Numbers” for external news publication, and “May the Force (and Coding) be With You!” for published news feature.
Gold Star Awards were earned in the following categories:
- Annual Report, for “A Place for Every Child”
- Image/Identity Package, for the “Learner’s Journey” brand
- Published News Feature, for “May the Force (and Coding) be With You!”
- Flyer, for “A Vision Lock Experience”
- Mobile App, for the “Leadership U” App
- External News Publication, for “By the Numbers”
- External News Publication, for “A Celebration – Class of 2015”
- Website, for “The Learner’s Journey”
- Special Event, for “Every Child – Convocation 2015”
- Poster, for “Leadership U”
- Website (Template), for “Superintendent Media Website”
- Marketing Campaign, for “Thinking Bigger –Core Values in Action”
- Brochure, for “Be proud. Be Brave. Be a Learner.”
- Video General Interest, for “May the Force (and Coding) be With You!”
- Video General Interest, for “Read Across the Globe – Sherwood Elementary”
Community Relations includes Monica Creixell, Victoria Graham, Pat Waldrop, Abby Walker and Becky Wuerth. Team members are supported by Betty Head, Sarah Soliz and Norma Trevino.
A full list of winners is available here on the TSPRA website.