Thursday, April 6, 2017

Stratford, Spring Woods Earn Tommy Tune Nominations

Stratford HIgh School's cast of "Me and My Girl"
Spring Woods High School and Stratford High School collectively earned 11 Tommy Tune Awards nominations for their winter musicals, ranging from Best Actor and Best Actress to Best Lighting Direction.

Stratford earned eight nominations for its production of “Me and My Girl,” while Spring Woods earned three for “Xanadu.”

Nominated from Spring Branch ISD:

Best Leading Actor
  • Matt Hopper as Bill Snibson in "Me and My Girl" (Stratford)
Best Leading Actress
  • Lauren Dodds as Sally Smith in "Me and My Girl" (Stratford)
Best Supporting Actress
  • Faith Berrigan as Maria, Duchess of Dene in "Me and My Girl" (Stratford)
Best Featured Performer
  • Karly Anderson as Calliope in "Xanadu" (Spring Woods)
  • Kyle Goodson as Herbert Parchester in "Me and My Girl" (Stratford)
Best Ensemble/Chorus
  • Stratford High School - "Me and My Girl"
Best Lighting Design
  • Spring Woods High School - "Xanadu"
  • Stratford High School - "Me and My Girl"
Best Musical Direction
  • Stratford High School - "Me and My Girl"
Best Direction
  • Spring Woods High School - "Xanadu"
  • Stratford High School - "Me and My Girl”
The 15th Annual Tommy Tune Awards recognizes and rewards excellence in the production of musical theatre by high school students and their teachers. Some 45 public and private high schools participated this year. The awards are named for Houston native, Lamar High School graduate and Broadway performer, director and choreographer Tommy Tune.

The awards event will be held on Tuesday, April 18, at 7:30 p.m., at the Hobby Center for Performing Arts, 800 Bagby.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Do you have feedback? Tell us.