|Blurred Focus (Prismacolor Pencil) by Ashley Park, 11th grade, Memorial High|
Artwork created by 12 Spring Branch ISD students of all ages has been selected by Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo judges for public display in the Hayloft Gallery during the upcoming Rodeo, which will be held from March 1-20.
View artwork >>
Photographs of these winning rodeo-themed images will be displayed on Tuesday, Jan. 19, during Parents and Patron Night, sponsored by SBISD’s K-12 Rodeo Art Exhibit. Artwork by other SBISD students in elementary, middle and high school will also be on display for public viewing.
This Open House evening event will be conducted from 5-7 p.m. Tuesday at the Altharetta Yeargin Art Museum, located on the Westchester Academy campus at 901 Yorkchester. In addition, the art museum is open to the public 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 19.
|Out on the Farm (Crayon Resist) by Emmy Kate Maynard, Terrace Elementary|
During the Rodeo in March, several dozen student artworks from across the region will be chosen for Grand Prix judging and the annual Rodeo art auction, which can result in significant scholarships for fortunate young artists like those in SBISD.
District winners headed to the Houston Rodeo for public display include:
Best of Show
- Elementary – Ricardo Maldonado, 2nd grade, Housman Elementary, Painting titled “Rodeo Clowns and a Bull”
- Middle School – Kunyang Li, 7th grade, Memorial Middle, Prismacolor Pencil titled “The Lonely Doll”
- High School – Ashley Park, 11th grade, Memorial High, Prismacolor Pencil titled “Blurred Focus”
- Elementary – Emmy Kate Maynard, Terrace Elementary, Crayon Resist titled “Out on the Farm”
- Middle School – Natalie Atkinson, Spring Branch Middle, Prismacolor Pencil titled “On Guard”
- High Schools – Erica Kim, Memorial High, Prismacolor Pencil titled “A Peaceful Afternoon,” and Juwon Yoo, Stratford High, Prismacolor Pencil titled “Looking for a Friend”
- Madeline Harms, Stratford High, Prismacolor Pencil titled “The Journey”
- Kathrine Hrap, Memorial High, Graphite titled “#40”
- Paige Shiring, Memorial High, Graphite titled “Grandpa Steven”
- Julia Delaney, Memorial High, Prismacolor Pencil titled “One and Indivisible”
- Emily Gex, Stratford High, Prismacolor Pencil titled “Buddy 2.0”